Sunday 2 February 2014

January 2014

Happy New Year one and all.
January's morning stitch group had a go at applique chickens. The results are below.


 Hilary's work in progress.


 Judith's


 Jan's

 
Beverley's chicken and the book of poultry she brought with her. Sorry, I should have taken a photograph of the cockerel by himself.


And finally Sally's hen with attitude.

The afternoon talk was given by Alice Fox. 
She spoke mainly about her Spurn Point project and how she prepared the fabrics she displayed in the abandoned lighthouse on the point. I'm sorry I didn't take any photographs of her work, I think I was too busy looking at it.  I remember making rust marks on fabric a few years ago and wondering where to go with the finished product. Alice, on the other hand, had managed to link place with production. She showed photographs of the different textiles wrapped round rusting metal on the shore and how these were placed in the lighthouse. A really enjoyable afternoon, I do miss living on the East coast.

 So, apologies again for the lateness of blog entries but we're now up to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment